Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 21:35:22 -0700
From:      "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@salsa.habaneros.com>
To:        "'emulation@freebsd.org'" <emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SOLID database for SCO and socksy problems

I have an evaluation copy of the SOLID RDBMS for SCO, which I am trying to
get running under FreeBSD 2.1.5R.

This installation process went smoothly, however when I try to run the
database engine, I get the following socksys errors:

libsocket: open(/dev/socksys) failure: No such file or directory
SOLID Communication Error 21304: Out of TCP/IP resources

No valid listening name specified. Exiting from SOLID Server.

I have enabled ibsc2 emulation; here is the result of 'modstat':

chili: {117} modstat
Type     Id Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
MISC      0   0 f1537000 0020 f153e000   1 ibcs2_mod
EXEC      1   3 f130d000 0008 f130e000   1 ibcs2_coff_mod
DEV       2  33 f153f000 0010 f154202c   1 socksys_mod

I have also read the FAQ and added the following devices to
/compat/ibcs2/dev:

chili: {119} ll /compat/ibcs2/dev
total 0
lrwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  9 Oct 16 09:11 X0R@ -> /dev/null
lrwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  7 Oct 16 09:11 nfsd@ -> socksys
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  0 Oct 16 08:54 null
lrwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  9 Oct 16 09:11 socksys@ -> /dev/null

If I make /dev/socksys and point it to /dev/null, I no longer get the
device or file not found error message, however, I still get the Out of
TCP/IP resources message:

SOLID Communication Error 21304: Out of TCP/IP resources

No valid listening name specified. Exiting from SOLID Server.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Neil Jensen
Habanero Studios Ltd.