Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:23:43 -0400
From:      tcobb@staff.circle.net
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic in latest 3.2-Stable

Just upgraded a PII 450 (512MB RAM) to
a PIII 550 with 1GB RAM.  The motherboard
is a Supermicro P6SBU and the prior
configuration was rock-solid for months.

Within 1 hour of upgrading to the new processor
and memory, we got a panic and reboot (didn't
catch the message).  I then upgraded from
3.2-Release to 3.2-Stable (19990720), same
thing, panic in about 1 hour.  I caught the
panic message, "Supervisor read, page not present".
This is not a debugging kernel and this is on a
live production box so I can't futz with it
very much.

Anyone seen it, and does anyone have a suggestion?

Kernel config has maxusers set to 128, NMBCLUSTERS
set to 8192.  Is this, perhaps, a tuning issue?

Expedited help is appreciated!

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net