Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:57:10 -0500
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycorc@idt.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC-Card modem problem

Nate,

Regarding:
> Seriously, even if all of the above work out, Bruce pointed out a big
> bug in the modem/serial probing code that exists in the PCCARD code that
> negatively affects certain hardware.  It's a fairly 'simple' fix, but
> requires *LOTS* of changes to the entire system.  Rather than attack it,
> I want to finish up the 'suspend/resume' stuff and then see how things
> fare.

I'm curious: might this 'big bug' have anything to do with the built-in
serial port in my Tecra 750 not being detected?  I haven't had any time
to look into it (and probably won't till next year) since I don't yet
use it.  But if there is a 'known' problem, I won't worry about it -
until I need to use the port, of course...  ;-)

Gary