Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:26:51 -0500
From:      "Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM" <tforrest@mcs.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dynamic DNS updates with DHCPd/client

Howdy folks.

I make use of dyndns.org.  Today I received a note saying that one of
my systems was attempting to update their zone files.  Taking a look
at my DHCP man pages I see that dynamic DNS updating is supported
with isc-dhcp3-3.0.b1.17 (I'm working on upgrading).  The man pages
mention the ability to turn off the file in the README doc - WHICH I
READ, but did not find any reference to shutting this feature off.

I've told dhcpd to only run on my xl1 (internal interface) and not
xl0 (my public interface), and I find it odd that dhcpd would be
trying to do this.

Any ideas?

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@mcs.net
http://www.mcs.net/~tforrest
And now, its time, for some useless, bandwidth wasting words of wisdom:
OS/2: Windows with bullet-proof glass.

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: E1FD 1327 D9D6 3D9A  6D5E 21CF 902D 41FC