Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 00:26:26 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <cygone@zoomnet.net>
To:        "Ben Vaughn" <bvaughn@prophetnetworks.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Virtual email boxes

Well in order for mail to be delivered to a user (assuming you're doing
things the "standard" way and not using LDAP or something) you're going to
have to add the user to the system. The term "virtual" doesn't apply here I
guess. A virtual POP3 account really isn't possible, unless you were using
LDAP or something and even then it wouldn't technically be virtual :-)

So in summary, you have to add the user to the mail server.

-Mitch

"When all your plans fail, backup, re-group and press on. The only real
failure is quitting..."