Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:38:30 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org, Mark Evenson <mark.evenson@gmx.at>
Subject:   Re: Controlling Evolution MIME helper associations?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:04:20 -0500, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:20:02 -0500
>> From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>>
>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:46:46 -0500, Lachlan Michael <lachlan@lkla.org>
>> wrote:

>> get
>> with
>> open

>> same

>> Nautilus

>> > Just a me-too, with exactly the same symptoms with Evolution 2.22.3
>> > (work machine).
>> >
>> > I do get "abiword" for files of type ".doc" and "gnumeric" as helper
>> > applications for files of type ".xls", but no "openoffice.org".
>> >
>> > I even re-installed openoffice.org and Evolution but still had the
>> same
>> > problems. Nautilus works fine.
>> >
>> > On my home machine with Evolution 2.22.1, everything works fine. Not
>> > upgrading in a hurry here!
>> >
>> > Sorry no help but at least confirmation that it may be more generic
>> than
>> > a single system screwed up. Just 2 systems screwed up? I guess now is
>> > when someone chimes in with a "works for me" ...
>>
>> Have you guys follow in /usr/ports/UPDATING yet?
>
> If you refer to running update-mime-database, that does not help. For a

Refered on 20080725, so yes run update-mime-database is part of it. If it
does not work for you guys then I am not sure. There is nothing mimetype
related change in between Evolution 2.22.0 to 2.22.3.1 in ChangeLog, but
they might do more changes than what put in ChangeLog. What
OpenOffice.org's *.desktop looks like? Does OpenOffice.org installs
anything related with mimetype stuff? I don't have OpenOffice.org and I
don't use Evolution either, which is why I have no idea and trying to
guess. If you downgrade only Evolution to 2.22.1 and does it works again?

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org