Date:      Tue,  5 Jun 2001 11:41:23 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Slivko" <js43064n@pace.edu>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>, "Tom Macleod" <tmmacleo@unity.ncsu.edu>
Subject:   Re: Installation Trouble

Tom,

If your willing to lose all partitions on the drive, you can boot
via a DOS disk and then run fdisk /mbr and then reboot. what that
will do is it will overwrite the MBR (Master Boot Record) with a
blank copy, removing the ntloader from Windows NT. BTW, Windows
2000 is out in it's final version. If you want to use it, you
might as well go out and buy a copy of the released version, and
stop running the beta :)

-- Jonathan M. Slivko
Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
Network Admin., DataSyrge Internet S.
Server Co-Admin., AsylumNet IRC Network
http://www.asylum-net.org -- check us out!

Pager/Voicemail: (917) 388-5304 (24 Hours)

From: "Tom Macleod" <tmmacleo@unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:41:13 -0700

>I'm having some problems installing, and I don't think it's

FreeBSD's fault.  I'm currently running Windows NT 5 Beta 2 (The

Beta version of 2k) and I can't for the life of me get rid of it.

My bios supports CD-ROM and Floppy booting, but neither the ISO or

the images of the floppy kern.flp/mfsroot.flp seem to be

recognized at boot time.  Windows always kicks in too early and

doesn't let the disks boot.  Is there something I'm missing?

Thanx for your help.

____
Sent via the Pace University Mail system at stmail.pace.edu