Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:18:18 -0500
From:      Stewart MacLund <sundie@lunaticfringe.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec RAID Controller...

Question:

I have an Adaptec AAA-131SA raid adapter.  Specific model number (as
read from the board) is AAA-131B.

I set this card up with the DOS program supplied, and formatted the
raid, and everything seemed fine.

BUt when i go to install FreeBSD, it skips right past the RAID, and sees
the two physical drives.

I'm sure i don't need to explain the problem any further.  The question
is, what is the solution?  I banged my head against the wall for several
days before i gave up on this, and swapped it for a regular 2940UW (why
use the raid card if it's not raiding).  Now that i have time to go back
to this problem, i'd like to solve it.

Can anyone help?

SUndie...