Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:29:24 +0200
From:      Vlad Galu <dudu@diaspar.rdsnet.ro>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP stack peculiarity

--Signature=_Wed__7_Jan_2004_17_29_24_+0200_zD8HOR+vsC+twjBm

	Hi guys. I have the following setup: one FreeBSD box with a public IP,
routed by a Linux machine which has the default route on another ISP
than the one my FreeBSD box's IP belongs to. Shortly said, I have
different up/downstream channels.
	The problem appears when during a TCP connection the FreeBSD machine.
The 3-way handshake works smoothly, but soon the connection stalls. I
tcpdump-ed it on both streams(upwards and downwards) and I see nothing
but ACK's, some of them with the PUSH bit set (this is common for
webservers). There's no retransmission. The packets just stop being sent
from my FreeBSD machine. Eventually, the connection times out.
	Has anyone encountered this type of situation before ? I could paste
some tcpdump output if necessary, but I thought to ask first. I only
have one interface, so reverse patch checking issues don't have place
here.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

----
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.