Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:34:45 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: faults re-inserting network card

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 04:25:29PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> Yes.  At least on my 505ts.  With -current sometimes I need to do a
> pccardc power 0 0.

I'll see if that makes any difference, but I'm pretty sure I've tried
that in the past.

> A big part of this is due to the incomplete if_detach.  It mostly
> works, but there are cases where it breaks.  People know about this
> problem, but no one is working on it as far as I know.

Only in the case I have, it is very consistent -- it _never_ works.
The machine will fault every time you attempt to re-insert the card.
Don't all the network drivers use the same if_detach?
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org