Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:20:06 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        carpist <carpist@mediaone.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:02:03PM -0500, carpist wrote:
> I am trying this for the first time and it wants a login name and I
> don't remember putting one in . Can I bypass this? What name does it
> want. I tried the user and anon. No dice

Try 'root' and whatever password you entered during the install.  If you
didn't give a password, root might be able to log in without one (just hit
Enter at the password prompt), although root *really* *should* have a
password.

You can create new users with the 'adduser' command, or through the
'Configure' menu of /stand/sysinstall.   It's a good idea to create at
least one user that you log in as for most things, to reduce the chances of
doing something stupid as root and trashing your system :-)

HTH,

	Scott