Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 96 09:10:30 EDT
From:      jeff@stat.uconn.edu (Jeffrey M. Metcalf)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD

Hi,

I just received the text 'Installing and Running FreeBSD' by Greg Lehey and in
it he suggests to keep the root partition in the first 1024 cylinders of my
EIDE 1.6GB hard disk.  However, I have managed to install and support a FreeBSD
2.1.0 system on my hard disk living entirely well beyond the 1024th cylinder for
some time.  If I plan to never communicate with my DOS partition, need I worry
about any other stability problems if I keep my system installed as is?

Thank You,

JM