Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:42:51 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Daniel Domengeaux" <freebsd@supa-fly.org>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Fl=FCgel?= <Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Getting XF86Setup into XFree 4

As I recall, it's Tk, not TCL, that is required. There is still an
XF86Setup, but it doesn't get built if there's no Tk installed... but
doesn't Tk require X11 to be installed already? OK. Quick show of
hands... who remembers what "catch 22" means?
-Otter
p.s. I'm a wild man. I copied my /etc/X11/XF86Config from another
machine and edited it using trial and error to get the mouse and
resolution settings perfected (though you still need your monitor
specs!!!).
Anyone with a ps/2 mouse and a TNT2 vid card who needs a hand can drop
me a line directly for a copy of my XF86Config file. I've also got one
for the laptop using a C&T 65555 chipset.