Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 1997 14:15:15 -0600
From:      fifan01@dof-rocky.finance.state.mn.us
To:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: chass -p -Reply

My experience (and from the FreeBSD archives it appears other people
have had this problem) is that chpass -p when executed and passed
correctly formatted input (cypt(3) format), nothing happens...
alternatively if I execute chpass [user] and manually edit the encpass line
everything works fine....

yes... DES is installed.

Jeff

> Where can I get a new version of chpass that will correctly work
when
> it is used with the [-p] option...
>  > chpass [-p] encpass

Could you be more specific as to the problem you're having?

It would help to know if you've installed the DES distribution.

Doug White                              | University of Oregon   Internet:
dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant