Date:      Thu, 4 May 2006 11:06:20 +0200
From:      Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   xscreensaver - advanced settings for savers?

Hi,

After going through the upgrade from Gnome 2.12 to 2.14 I found that I
can't tune the settings for the screensavers any more.

In the previous gnome-release (2.12) when going to the properties of
the active screensaver one could e.g. change the character size of the
xmatrix saver.

In gnome 2.14 when starting gnome-screensaver-preferences you can
select which screensaver to use but can't change any specific settings
for the saver in question.

So here are my questions:

o) How can I select specific settings for the screensaver selected
with the gnome-screensaver-preferences

o) Is there a user-editable config-file that stores the settings (I
thought about hand-editing this file)

Please note, that the settings are not stored in ~/.xscreensaver. I've
renamed this file (which dates back to somewhere in 2005) and it
doesn't get re-written upon start/stop of gnome.

Here's what I've installed (i.e. screensaver-related):

xscreensaver-gnome-hacks-4.24_1
gnome-screensaver-2.14.1

Thanks much in advance for your help,
-ewald