Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:18:50 +0200
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tekram DC-395 driver maintenance

As Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> I've got a copy of the code from Olivier Houchard <doginou@ci0.org>
> that he updated to run under -CURRENT.

Well, the update for -current was surprisingly little work.  It
consisted of only adding #include <sys/bio.h>, and of renaming the
deprecated PCI_MAP_REG_START into PCIR_MAPS (which is OK for RELENG_4
as well).

>  Its been mostly style(9)'ed but would
> still need the fixes you mentioned.

I wouldn't want to style-ify it unless the Tekram people agree to also
do it.  Right now, i've only fixed their brokeness (apart from the
mentioned bug in the CHECK CONDITION handling, there were some
compile-time issues with strings that were split across multiple
lines).  So far, i haven't heard anything back from them.

> My intention was to commit it and get a commit bit for Mr. Houchard
> so that he could take care of the driver directly.

If he wants, he can surely do that anyway.  Since there seems to be
some basic agreement that importing it is OK, i can do it now, and
pass over maintenance to someone else later on as well.  I'm not too
eager to maintain it :).