Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:37:44 -0800
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Danny boy <belkied@cadvision.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help!

Danny boy wrote:

> Me and my Company are trying to set up a ISP can this be done with
> FreeBSD? I would like to hear from anyone, if they have the slightest
> idea on what way I should go, thanks!
>                 Dan
>                 belkied@cadvision.com

This can be done with any OS you desire. The real question is what do
you require from an OS. If you want an OS that doesn't crash alot, is
secure, and supports networking then FreeBSD will work. If you want top
notch tech support and have very little skill onboard you might go with
a commercial OS. If you don't want to spend much money then get an OS
that is freely available. For example, FreeBSD.

Try reading up on the ISP thing at www.bsdi.com. This will give you a
good idea about where to get started. BSDI makes the stuff that FreeBSD
is based on.

OBTW, I intend to get started on the ISP thing by using FreeBSD.
--
 __   __
/ 0\ / 0\         Thank you * Highperformance.net