Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:05:58 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Peter Edwards <peter.edwards@openet-telecom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getfsent(3) and spaces in fstab

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

Hi,

> Check PR 37569: This bugged the hell out of me also, so I created a
> patch to allow enclosing the device name in quotes. The PR was logged
> over a year ago: I can't remember the details, but the source has been
> sitting silently in my tree and working since then. Whatever way the
> problem is resolved, can someone close the PR?

I can't believe it... I have searched the PR database, Google, etc. for
existing solutions to this problem, but I did not find yours. I also
considered using quotes, but since you need escape-sequences to encode
quotes in your solution, too, the approach using '\ ', '\<TAB>', '\\' is
simpler and cleaner IMHO.

Simon

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--