Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:14:09 -0500
From:      GH <grasshacker@linkfast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP session bonding

I would like to setup a freebsd box to do modem
bonding (using two modems, two regular phone lines, etc)
to my ISP (of which I am an employee ;-)).

I found a quick thread about this in the archives from 1997
mentioning something about mpd-1.0b.tgz on ftp.freebsd.org, but
no dice.

Has anybody more information about doing such a thing?

I would just use ISDN (of course, who would not?), but
living in a rural part of AL under the torment of
Bellsouth the Great Tyrant of all that is Telco-related
and suffering from outrageous ISDN pricing, I would like to
find a cheaper hack. ...and yes, a partial frame is not worth it.

Also, has anybody more information about how modem bonding
works (or, does not as the case may be)?

Thanks to all.

FreeBSD - What the gods use when they tire of Solitaire crashing.

gh