Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 22:54:32 GMT
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   WAIS doesn`t require gmake

> The WAIS port available compiled as-is without gnu make!... Or are we
> using gnu-make by default?
>
> Pedro.

As I recall, someone changed it to use Gnu make because of slightly different
behaviour, but it has always worked for the standard make except for a brief
period of transition between FBSD 1.1.5 and 2.0. Of course, I might be wrong.

When Isite has been wrapped as a port, this version of wais can be folded into
the GN port, unless someone comes up with a convincing reason to keep it.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>