Date:      Tue,  5 Jun 2001 11:43:50 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Slivko" <js43064n@pace.edu>
To:        <tmmacleo@unity.ncsu.edu>(Tom Macleod), "Corey Brune" <brune@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation Trouble

Corey/Tom:

I didn't even think of that. That could work too :)

-- Jonathan M. Slivko
Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
Network Admin., DataSyrge Internet S.
Server Co-Admin., AsylumNet IRC Network
http://www.asylum-net.org -- check us out!

Pager/Voicemail: (917) 388-5304 (24 Hours)

From: "Corey Brune" <brune@sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:40:46 +0000 (UTC)

>You may have already tried this, BUT...
>Go into your bios, and check the boot time sequence. It sounds

like the settings
>are looking at your hard drive first.
>
>Corey
>

>Tom Macleod
>>
>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>
>> ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0EDB4.6C5945E0
>>
>> I'm having some problems installing, and I don't think it's

FreeBSD's =
>> fault.  I'm currently running Windows NT 5 Beta 2 (The Beta

version of =
>> 2k) and I can't for the life of me get rid of it.  My bios

supports =
>> CD-ROM and Floppy booting, but neither the ISO or the images of

the =
>> floppy kern.flp/mfsroot.flp seem to be recognized at boot time.

Windows =
>> always kicks in too early and doesn't let the disks boot.  Is

there =
>> something I'm missing?  Thanx for your help.
>>
>> ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C0EDB4.6C5945E0
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>> <HTML><HEAD>
>> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
>> http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
>> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2920.0" name=3DGENERATOR>
>> <STYLE></STYLE>
>> </HEAD>
>> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
>> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm having some problems

installing, =

=

____
Sent via the Pace University Mail system at stmail.pace.edu