Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:07:01 -0400
From:      eddiev <eddiev@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   can you help me ...

hi,
i've just installed freebsd v2.2.6 on a pc in our campus. currently i
have no access to the system from the outside world
specifically through our terminal servers ... not unless i log onto one
of our other unix systems first, then i can telnet or ftp get to the
webserver on my freebsd after ....

this was not the case when i originally installed freebsd on the machine
... but that hard drive crashed so i had to do it again ... though i
think that that was an earlier version of freebsd ...

is there a change in the network configuration that could cause this
....? i cannot even ping the machine from outside ...
i used to be able to before installing this version ... and this is the
only change that's been done

thanks

--eddiev

\_\_\_\_ \_   \_          RUTGERS UNIVERSITY NEWARK
  \_       \_  \_          * COMPUTING SERVICES *
    \_         \_\_             973-353-5783
    \_\_\_\_     \_     eddiev@andromeda.rutgers.edu