Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:05:41 -0500
From:      Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   isc-dhcp updates and call for testing

I have patches that update the isc-dhcp30 and isc-dhcp-31 ports.

isc-dhcp30 incorporates patches from Ubuntu to address a security
advisory released against it.  Since it is no longer maintained
upstream nothing official will be released.

If you wish to follow a maintained version, I have patches that update
isc-dhcp31 to the latest version that addresses the security issues
that were recently discovered.  These patches could use testing beyond
what I can mock up locally.  If you try them out I could use feedback,
whether good or bad.

The patches to isc-dhcp30 will probably be committed tomorrow.  I'd
like to wait a bit to get feedback on the isc-dhcp31 patches, also the
rcNG script will probably be updated a bit from what is in the patches
to provide stylistic, but not functional improvements.

isc-dhcp30* http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=136891

isc-dhcp31* http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=136890

I am planning on getting a 4.0.x and 4.1.x port going soon as well,
hopefully by this weekend.

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel