Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:59:46 +0200
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: New port for using Tomcat with jakarta-commons-daemon (jscv)

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:33:04PM +0200, Martin Jakob wrote:
> BTW, stopping the daemon takes really a long time, but i do not have an idea
> why this is the case :(
> I will look further into it, but ideas about the cause of this behaviour are
> welcome.

I've been trying to get this -stop argument working to see if it was
faster but with no success to report so far... I believe commons-daemon
should provide us with better tools than just kill(1) to stop services.

And I find strange that you cannot just do this:

  $ jsvc -pidfile /var/run/tomcat55.pid -stop

Indeed, jsvc wants you to provide a class name, even to stop a service
as it seems...

> I hope the attached shars make it unharmed to the list.

The shars made it unharmed. OTOH, you left some junk files in the second
shar file and this will prevent the archive to get extracted on my
system. I got it working by removing the related lines in the shar file
anyway. :)

Herve