Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 16:17:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem!

> >Hope the system comes back up after messing with /dev... :)
>
> I do too :)

Well it did. :)

> Let me know if you did try the suggestion:

> Try mtree(8), with the files in /etc/mtree.
>
> Something like
> mtree -f /etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist -U -p /
> mtree -f /etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist -U -p /usr
> mtree -f /etc/mtree/BSD.var.dist -U -p /var
> mtree -f /etc/mtree/BSD.local.dist -U -p /usr/local

Yeah I did. It seemed to work for some things, but not others.. like it
changed all the standard /usr directorys to the proper owner, but didnt
change anything like under /usr/bin, or any other directory.

BTW, I CC'd the list, in case your mail bounces again. It was giving a
unknown user error before.