Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:40:03 -0500
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Having problems with SMTP authentication

--Sig_/_pgEdT+bne=X4hXd.kPQi/b

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:24:42 -0700
Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> this seems to imply you want me to create a file named
> <hostname>.mc.  The instructions I followed in the handbook also
> mentioned that, "Many administrators choose to use the output from
> hostname(1) as the .mc file for uniqueness."  Do I have to make this
> new file, paste into it all the stuff in "freebsd.mc" and then add
> these lines too?

It has been ages since I worked with Sendmail; however, I believe all
you have to do, after configuring the /etc/mail/*.mc files, is
run:

	make all install restart

in the /etc/mail directory. Be sure to read the documentation in each of
the *.mc files. If you have not all ready done so, check out the
aliases file and modify as required. Be sure to run 'newaliases' when
finished. If I remember correctly, the new *.cf files will be in the
form of "hostname.cf".

You could always use Postfix. It is a lot easier.

--=20

Gerard
gerard@seibercom.net

O give me a home,