Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:16:29 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: recover from failed make build

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 04:08:15PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:
> At 03:27 PM 11/11/2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 03:18:25PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:
> >> I just tried doing a make build for Apache2 from the FBSD 4.8 mini por=
t.
> [snip]
> >         *** Error code 1
> >'make distclean; make fetch'
>=20
> Kris, thanks. Only is this a context thing? IOW would I have to be back=
=20
> where I was and say this /next/ because I'm in the middle of a postgresql=
=20
> port now. However when that's finished if I just cd /usr/ports/www/Apache=
2=20
> can I then make distclean; make fetch ?

distclean removes the distfiles for the current port.  You can then
re-fetch it from the ftp site, and it will hopefully not be corrupted.
If you continue to get checksum errors, it can indicate that you have
an out-of-date ports collection, or that you should fetch it by hand
from another mirror as directed.

> Also in case I get this or similar errors again is there another way to=
=20
> deal with it (like being explicit about the mirror?) or maybe I'm jumping=
=20
> ahead of myself here.

See the variables listed in the sample make.conf file and bsd.port.mk
for specifying mirror site preferences.

Kris

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--