Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:29:27 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cyrus-SASL V1 & V2 problem with libtool

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:24:34 -0500
>>>>> "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net> said:

hetzels> While updating the Cyrus-SASL V1 port to use saslauthd authentication
hetzels> daemon,  I tried installing the Cyrus-SASL V2 port to test compatiblity of
hetzels> the saslauthd daemons.  The V2 port would core dump when the saslpasswd2 and
hetzels> sasldblistusrs2 programs were run, due to they were loading the wrong SASL
hetzels> plugins (V1 instead of V2).  If I rebooted the systen before installing V2,
hetzels> then saslpasswd2 and sasldblistusrs2 ran without core dumping..

I was tracking down the problem that authentication other than plain
text password didn't work under 5-CURRENT.  This origin was that
SASLv2 didn't load plugins from plugin directory explicitly.  I think
it also leads problem you mentioned.  So, I changed SASLv2 port to
load plugins from plugin directry explicitly.  I believe this change
fixes it.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/