Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:47:52 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        bradf@shadow.apana.org.au, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp connection problems.

In article <51li8k$ktg@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:

:   This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
:   while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
:   Send mail to mime@docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.

 Oh please throw this MIME shit in the bin :)  Ta.

: Greetings,

 Gday!

: i've got a small problem in connecting to my isp via ppp. please help me.

: this is how i (attemnpt) to start a ppp session:
: pppd /dev/cua2 38400 defaultroute noipdefault

 You have a /dev/cua2 device?  Don't you mean /dev/cuaa2 or the like?

 I couldn't read the rest of your information because it looked like
 what appears below..  I'm sure it contains all the other details so if
 you can send it on in text i'm sure you'll get some more help.

: --214585944-1145013221-842940395=:13820
: QXVnIDE4IDE1OjMyOjU0IGJsYWggcHBwZFs2OF06IHNldF94YWNjbTogMDAw
: MDAwMDAgMDAwMDAwMDAgMDAwMDAwMDAgNjAwMDAwMDAgDQpBdWcgMTggMTU6
: MzI6NTQgYmxhaCBwcHBkWzY4XTogc2VuZF9jb25maWc6IG10dSA9IDE1MDAg

[20 tonnes of shit deleted]

 Regards,
   Peter

--