Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:49:57 -0700
From:      Steve Francis <steve@expertcity.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   What are Interface errors in netstat?

Can anyone explain what are interface errors in netstat -I?

I assume they are CRC, undersize frames, etc.
Anyway to get details on which errors are occurring?

Also, I'm now not sure that is what the error counter means - a box
doing about 20k pps normally runs with no reported interface errors -
however, when the application crashed, it got a spike of input interface
errors.

The application crashing should not have affected MAC layer packets, so
do interface errors also include some TCP  layer errors?