Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:13:17 +0700
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <achilov-rn@askd.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support of VIA Apollo Pro in 6.x is completely broken?

I have some boxes, built on motherboards Gigabyte GB-6VA+ (VIA Apollo Pro
chipset). Do not say me, that's bullshit, I know :-/

Some of these boxes works under 4.5-RELEASE, some under Windows 2000. Sometime
it should be upgraded on to 6.x branch, but I cannot use it - when I install
6.x on these boxes, I cannot bring up any network interface - link leds on
card brights, but no any traffic can pass, even on neighbour box! I see

xl0: watchdog timeout
xl0: watchdog timeout

messages on console.

Later. When connect HDD to motherboard through ordinary (40-wired) cable, 6.x
says, that HDD is broken! I see endless messages

DMA_ERROR..., CRC_ERROR... etc

When I change cable to UDMA (80-wired) - all these messages are disapper

Later. When I boot box with "ACPI disabled" network cards works! But box hangs
up after about 5-10 minutes of active work. Cooler does not stop but box
hangs completely, only reset works.
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://www.askd.ru/~shelton