Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:27:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Car Mp3 Player

> Right, I'm just curious if anyone's tried to do this with FreeBSD.. This is
> the kinda stuff that advocates Linux.. People doing insane little projects
> (which aparantely there are 5 of that I've seen, 1 of which uses Windows
> and 1 uses MSDOS)..

Well I have the machine built.. and parts of the software done..

The LCD panel that I ordered came DOA.. So when I have the panel.. We
shall have an example of a FreeBSD Car mpeg3 player..

I need to find a BSD Daemon that is ASCII art that fits 20 char across
though.. My ASCII art abilities are pretty bad.

  James D. Butt 'J.D.'
  Network Engineer                                   Voice 319-557-8463
  Network Operations Center                          Fax   319-557-9771
  MidWest Communications, Inc.                       Pager 319-557-6347
  241 Main St.                                          noc@mwci.net
  Dubuque, IA  52001                                   jbutt@mwci.net
JD's thoughts:
Drive defensively Buy a tank. FreeBSD: The power to serve! www.freebsd.org

I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.
You use windowze because the guy on TV told you to ...