Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:01:14 +0100
From:      Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@raisdorf.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   net-rhythmbox 0.4.5 port

Hi!

I stumbled across a new branch of rhythmbox yesterday and wanted to give
it a try. As it is easy to create a new port to satisfy all needs I
ended up with this:
http://www.raisdorf.net/files/FreeBSD/net-rhythmbox-0.4.5.shar

net-rhythmbox focuses on stability and comes with a builtin monkey-media
tree.
It runs but has two limitations:

1) it eats up all available cpu (while working flawlessly)
   truss shows:

   poll([{fd=6, events=POLLIN}, {fd=5,  ...     (eight fds)
   gettimeofday({1045303226, 172282}, NULL) = 0
   gettimeofday({1045303226, 172597}, NULL) = 0

   in an endless loop.
2) building with WITH_XOSD (on screen display) breaks while linking

The #rhythmbox guys didn't have a solution as of now but I'll see what I
can do. In case anyone knows how to fix this ...

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz@raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/

drag me, drop me - treat me like an object