Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:47:30 +0200
From:      Saad KADHI <obsidian@cybercable.fr>
To:        Lawrence Sica <larry@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH 2.1.1 Port broken?

Hi there,

> > Hi List,
> >
> > Is the latest Openssh port broken? I downloaded the tar from the ports
> > collection and when making, it gave a ton of parse errors in
> > authfd.c/authfd.h etc.  Additionally I have already installed rsaref
> > 2.0 and openssl-0.9.5a.
> don't know, are you in the US?  Do you have USA_RESIDENT=YES is so in
> /etc/make.conf

I've encountered the same pbs as Kartic. And I ain't a US resident (USA_RESIDENT=NO). I definitely think that the port is somehow
broken (see my previous posting for details).

> > I also tried downloading the source from the Openssh website; but this guy would not even configure (says it cant find a working
> > OpenSSL installation!).
> >
> > Details:
> > FreeBSD 3.3R with PAO3.0

I have FreeBSD 4.0R here and also tried to build with the current ports but I didn't succeed

Regards

--
Saad KADHI -- Security Consultant