Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:36:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
Subject:   Re: cdrecord and yamaha CDR400?

yOn Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Eric J. Chet wrote:

> Hello
> 	What are you trying to write?  What happens when you try and copy
> a fbsd cdrom?  Was the image your trying to write made with mkisofs?

	I was using cdrecord as follows:

	cdrecord -isosize -speed=4 -fs=0 dev=0,4,0 -dummy track*

	The tracks were PCM files recoreded from my toshiba 32x.

	I just got a RMA to send this drive back.  This is the second one.
According to my sales rep, they have been getting back a bunch of yamahas
and seeing a lot of problems.  I have not yet decided whehter to get a
third yamaha CR400 or to give up and get another brand.

	I really respect the quality of the older CDR100, but alas you
can't get that any longer.  Is there a drive you would recomend?

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]