Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:38:17 -0700
From:      "Eli K. Breen" <bsd@unixforge.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/87351: Jail building instructions don't work as described with default CSH shell

Call me madcap, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the base case
example match the default shell, with exceptions for other shells as the
side-comments?

Given how little of this script/instructions need to change to suit csh,
something like...

[...]
#For csh
	set D=/here/is/the/jail
#For bourne shells (sh,bash,...)
	D=/here/is/the/jail
cd /usr/src
mkdir -p $D
[...]

or

[...]
#For csh
	set D=/here/is/the/jail
#For bourne shells (sh,bash,...)
#	D=/here/is/the/jail
cd /usr/src
mkdir -p $D
[...]

The former solution is both legible and functional. If you dump it on
the command-line verbatim, it will produce an error for whichever
environment export didn't work, but the process overall will work, and
the latter is a little cleaner, and won't produce any errors with the
base shell. A happy user experience overall.

-Eli