Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eaglez <eaglez69@yahoo.com>
To:        AG <ag@ipfw.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Write errors on UDMA drives

No offense, but I think that's because they're
>Maxtor< drives. Those are notoriously stupid. They
even tried to sell a bootloader with some of their old
ones, that would put a new format on the disk, and
make it so nothing could read it. I think this is
something like how a lot of 100baseTX cards can't
really do full 100baseTX. Like maybe not enough
buffer. I couldn't say for sure. The point is, Maxtor
is somewhat low-end (they're cheep for a reason), and
if you're going to be doing massive reads/writes, i'd
advise saving up for something slightly better. (I've
had NO problems with IBM drives...)

-Jesse