Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:23:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      rik@rikrose.net
To:        "Alexander S. Volchenkov" <volax@uh.ru>
Cc:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Chrooted SSH2 problem

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Alexander S. Volchenkov wrote:
> The output of sshd2 -d1:
> 	sshd2[1296]: /etc/spwd.db: No such file or directory
> 	Connection to gate closed.

I've not been wathing the whole conversation, but that error I've left
above (and consequently the other errors too) look to me like you've
chrooted the sshd, rather than letting it chroot a certain group of users.
sshd must run as root, in order to switch to the required users, and
therefore has the permissions to chroot when required, so if you just leae
it with its default setup, and add those 2 lines to the config file that
were specified above, then everything ought to be fine.

Good luck

--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F