Date:      Fri, 31 May 2013 09:20:12 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: Upgrading to DocBook 5.0

Em 28-05-2013 23:06, Gabor Kovesdan escreveu:
> I have a patch to preview how it would look like:
> http://kovesdan.org/patches/fbsd-docbook5.diff
>
> Please comment on this. It is very important to discuss this kind of
> changes.
There are three more changes I would like to do. The maketarget and
makevar elements always sounded a bit weird to me. I think they are too
specific and do not reflect well the more general semantic nature of
their content.

1, As for makevar, it is just a variable just like in any other
programming language, so I propose that.

2, As for maketarget, it is a build target. Unfortunately, DocBook
doesn't have an appropriate element for this, I'd like to use
buildtarget and submit a feature request for that.

3, To mark up revision numbers, we use svnref, which generates links to
our SVNWeb interface. The same happens here, revnumber would be just
fine. The problem is plain DocBook doesn't allow it inline but I'd like
to submit a feature request for this.

Gabor