Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:41:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        remorse code <rone@ennui.org>
Cc:        Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports collection for Solaris

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, remorse code wrote:

> Michael Grant writes:
>   I'll bet this has been asked before...
>   Has anyone ported the ports collection to Solaris?
>
> I wish.  I tried.  First thing that needs to happen is to port
> FreeBSD's make (which is based on pmake, but has diverged sufficiently
> from pmake that the latter will not work with the FreeBSD ports .mk
> files) to Solaris.
>
> The closest thing available, to my knowledge, is
> <URL:http://www.sunfreeware.com/>.

Out of curiosity, did you ask about interest for this on a *Solaris*
list?  They'd be a heck of a lot more interested in the idea ... it seems
odd to ask for support for Solaris on a FreeBSD list.

Not that I'd be against it, but odd choice of venue.

> rone

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C & Java programming,
New Year's Resolution:  I  | electronics, communications, and
will not sphroxify gullible| signal processing.
people into looking up     | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
fictitious words in the    |      jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)|
dictionary.                |