Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:13:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some info on the kgmon(8) manual page (regarding current) needed

--- Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> How about http://people.FreeBSD.org/~keramida/diff/kgmon.txt ?

Hmm, the patch looks pretty good, but we can use a bit of rewording which
will reflect what the code does.  Something like the following:

-- START --
Extract the name list from the specified system instead of the default
system bootreturned by getbootfile(3) call.  The value returned by
getbootfile(3), which is same as the value found in the "kern.bootfile"
sysctl.
--- END ---

> This was made after I chatted a bit with Robert Watson, and I'd like your
> comments before making any more changes to that poor manpage.  If we reword
> bits here and there and finally make it reflect as closely as possible what
> the code does, it will be cool :)

I know the above the suggestion I have given is a bit long, but clarifies
the matter completely according to me.  In this way, we do not have to
have /boot/kernel/kernel everywhere lying around the man page; but feel
free to give any suggestions. :)

Thanks,

  -- Hiten