Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:12:53 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Danny MacMillan" <flowers@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        "R. W." <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
Subject:   RE: [OT] BEFSR41 = bad (was: Re: DSL support)

Gee I wonder why! :-)

Actually, ever since Cisco bought Linksys and came out with the version 3
BEFSR41's the quality has really gone downhill - with at least the
BEFSR41's.

I've heard better reports about the Linux-based Linksys routers.  If you
can do an exchange you might want to get one of those.  There's even some
mods for their firmware out there on the Internet.  Of course they are more
expensive. :-(

> Thanks for the advice in re: RMA-ing the router; I never considered that.
> Usually components either fail out of the box or wait until the warranty
> period is over.

Yeah, well don't thank me yet, you might have to do that a couple more times
before you get a good one. :-(

Ted