Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:51:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      G-der <gder@tribble.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup: src-sys ports-all breaks ports

I installed 3.4-RELEASE on a P90 w/ a 800MB HDD at hoem to act as a
gateway.  After I got natd set up and working I went about updating some
of my source and getting an updated ports collection.

I did a rm -rf /usr/src to clean things up a bit as all I really needed
was /usr/src/sys.

My cvsupfile was set to get src-sys and ports-all.  I recompiled the
kernel (so now I'm running 3.5-STABLE) and went to install some ports.  On
each one I got an error message saying that the system version was
incorrect for the port.  I was hoping to get this fixed as I'm trying to
install SSH and it's dependent package rsaref (it's in security/rsaref) is
unavailable.  I was hoping that there may be an update ot the port that
fixed this.

Anyway, is there some way I need to specify in my cvsupfile that I need
the ports distributions for 3.5-STABLE?

Thank you

Gene Dinkey
(please respond to list and myself, thank you)