Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:16:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        Mikel <mikel@ocsny.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hiya hiya

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Mikel wrote:

> mm All,
>
> 	My boss has finally after a year of prdoing offered to get a
> laptop...now my problem is which one? Can anyone here help piont me in the
> right direction for finding a laptop that'll do fBSD well? My boss tends
> to lean toward IBM, Dell, Compaq, and HP...Of course I'd like anything
> filled to the 9's...;)

I really like my Dell Lattitude CPi (yes I realize that it is now
yesterdays news). The only place that I have trouble is with the APM
suspend and X, and that I don't worry about.

What's really sold me on Dell is the service. They have taken great care
of my when things have broken. Given my track record with laptops a good
service contract is a must ;-)

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.
		-- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS