Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:53:08 +0100
From:      Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org, olivas@digiflux.org, chris@unixpages.org
Subject:   RE: Project to improve FreeBSD PR

hi!

 i started php coding for a (free)bsd eventssite yesterday, but i fear it will take me until the end of the next week before i can show you the first version because its semester's end at university and i have some exams to pass.

my idea is to have a frontpage like freshmeat or slashdot for an overview of big events, like bsdcon and a tablestyle overview which is sortable by country, date and name for all entries including a detail page for every event telling you about location, entry fee, website and overview and details like that.

i am not sure if there's a need for a forum - i am also thinking about a mailinglist which automatically posts additions to the database.

tell me what you think about my ideas.

today i had a look at the new issues of c't and iX (biggest german computer tech magazines) and there is _no_ mentioning of freebsd 5 at all.

shall i send them our press release by fax?

does anyone have relations to heise( publisher of these magazines)?
i found it funny that they had new mysql version as their headliner but no word about freebsd.

another thing that i am wondering about is how do i get material for a freebsd booth. there is an opensource event in every major city in austria between mai and june called linuxweeks  (www.linuxwochen.at) i had a talk with one of the "managers" and they would also like to see a freebsd booth. i think it would be nice to sell some of the freebsd 5.x isos, shirts and have some material/handouts for the visitors.

greets, josef