Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:26:26 -0800
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crash in netstat

I have submitted the following PR (bin/36400) against netstat.

After I  havestarted xdm and X11 (XFree86 4.2) on my machine
I can no longer get information on LOCAL (i.e. UNIX) domain sockets because
netstat seg faults.  I have built a version with debugging and traced this
down to
the printf() call on line 149 of unix.c in -STABLE (the same line occurs in
-CURRENT).
It would seem that the xsocket data structure passed to printf causes it to
barf.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
Neville-Neil Consulting 				www.neville-neil.com

"Put a twenty dollar gold piece on my watch chain
So you can let all the boys know I died standing pat."  - St. James Infirmary