Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:28:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>
To:        Marco Masotti <masotti@mclink.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xcpustate and SMP

To whom it may concern,
	Arun Sharma submitted a patch to the kernel and xosview that adds
the correct data structures to the kernel to keep stats on a per cpu basis
and to xosview to allow it to take advantage of the new stats.
I can't find it on the PR database but you can get it from
<http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~rf358197/patches/xosview-1.7.1-sysctls.patch>;

Unfortunately it is against the 4.0 kernel so . . . it may not be too
useful.  I used it as a basis to patch my 4.2-Release kernel by hand and
it works great, and xosview has two independant cpu bars and the kernel
booted, thanks Arun! :-)  I would submit a new patch for 4.2 based off of
his work if someone would tell me the proper way to do so without pissing
people off.  I am extremely new to FreeBSD and not quite sure of the file
system structure or the proper way to submit patches etc.

Thanks
	-Russ

 > Kent,  my SMP config
is actually a kernel SMP config. >