Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:08:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   QPopper error message explanation?

Hi all;

Recently, I've had a new user from an (slow and overloaded) outside dialup
network complain of problems retrieving mail from his POP3 mailbox.

When I looked at his mail file, he had 5.7MB worth of attachments.  I've
got the stats option turned on in popper, and saw the following error
messages in the log:

.. popper[pid]: local.user@remote.host: -ERR SIGHUP or SIGPIPE flagged
.. popper[pid]: local.user@remote.host: -ERR POP hangup

Does the above just signify that the user cancelled the check?  Or could
this be a problem with my system?

- Ryan