Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:59:25 -0800
From:      "Unice, Kyle" <kyle.unice@intel.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   /usr/local/etc/rc.d startup of Jakarta

I can start Jakarta fine from a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but once the
startup shell exits, jakarta goes away.  Is there a way to disassociate
jakarta from the console tty so it doesn't get the quit signal?

I have tried nohup, and exec... with no luck.

Kyle

W. Kyle Unice
Senior Software Engineer                 Email: kyle <dot> unice <at>
intel.com
Internet Management Appliance Div.   Voice: (801) 445-0509
Intel Corp.                                         FAX: (801) 445-0106
3740 West 13400 South
Riverton, UT 84065
Mail Stop  RV1-2 44-22

Viewpoints, opinions, and content are my own and not necessarily those of
Intel Corp.