Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:44:59 -0400
From:      Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
To:        Jordi Prats <jprats@cesca.es>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HA cluster

Be careful.

I use FreeBSD and I love it, I've used it for years and am not going
back to Linux.  BUT!, your entry expectations wrt progress, the level
of support, and many other things differ from the Linux world.

I have 15 blades up 24X7, and one controller machine, and another 10
or so satellites, all running FreeBSD 6.1 or 6.2.

And we have had our share of problems.  For example, some key aspects
of clusterit have never worked for us.  So we moved on and have made
to with one or two (now,) excellent home-brew solutions.  But running
FreeBSD is not going to be like running Linux.  On the other hand,
you'll get a lot of work done that with Linux, you'd never be able to
do, because Linux has it's own kind of troubles.

I use these machines for research and some production applications
and don't need GUI's or lot's of access to the internet.  A few
minutes a day is all.  So we don't see attacks and such.

--jg